Too is the second album released by the R&B band The . Band on the Tabu label in July 1981. It was produced by Sigidi. The album peaked at on the R&B albums chart. It also reached on the Billboard 200. The album yielded two Billboard R&B chart singles, "Do It Now (Part 1)" and "You" They peaked at and respectively. The album was digitally remastered and reissued on CD with bonus tracks in 2013 by Demon Music Group. Jason Bryant – keyboards, vocals.
Band (sometimes written SOS Band; abbreviation for Sounds Of Success) is an American R&B and electro-funk group who gained fame in the 1980s. They are best known for the songs "Take Your Time (Do It Right)", "Just Be Good to Me", "Borrowed Love", and "The Finest"
Arranged By – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew Arranged By – The . Band Written By – R. Williams Written-By – L. Price, R. Burkholder. B2. Are You Ready? Arranged By – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew Arranged By – John Simpson Written-By – J. Simpson, M. Davis, Sigidi.
Band hit with a two-million-selling single, "Take Your Time (Do It Right)," their first time out, before having several hit singles written and produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. The Atlanta. ead Full Biography. Overview . Biography . Discography . Songs .
Take Your Time" is a post-disco song by American R&B group the . Band from their debut studio album . It was released as the lead single from . on March 18, 1980, through Tabu Records, three months before the album's release. Chart performance - In th. mage: Take Your Time (Do It Right) by SOS Band . Image: Take Your Time (Do It Right) SOS Band. is the debut album released by the R&B band The . Band on the Tabu label in the summer of 1980. It was produced by Sigidi
Their second album, "Too", went to number 30 R&B in the summer of 1981. On the band's third album, "III", they worked with producer Leon Sylvers III and writers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Their breaking single, "High Hopes", hit number 25 R&B in the fall of 1982 while the album went to number 27 R&B in late 1982. Jam and Lewis took over the production duties on their fourth album, "On The Rise", scoring with the number two hit "Just Be Good To Me" and the number five beatbox ballad "Tell Me If You Still Care". In August 1994, former lead vocalist Mary Davis reunited with Abdul Ra'oof and together they reconstructed a new band with the same funky . sound, appearing on comedian Sinbad's HBO concert specials and Rhino's various-artists set United We Funk, issued October 5, 1999. All albums and singles listed below were issued on Tabu Records.
Abdullah was curious as to why an Atlanta-based band named itself Santa Monica. Keyboardist Jason Bryant replied that the band had an enjoyable concert in Santa Monica, CA. Abdullah then came up with a new band name, the . standing for "Sounds of Success. Their second album, Too, went to number 30 R&B in summer 1981. On the band's third LP, . Band III, they worked with producer Leon Sylvers III and the Time's Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. The breaking single, "High Hopes," hit number 25 R&B in the fall of 1982 while the album went to number 27 R&B in late 1982. On their fourth LP, On the Rise, Jam and Lewis took over the production chores.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||It's A Long Way To The Top
Arranged By [Horns] – SigidiArranged By [Rhythm] – The S.O.S. BandWritten By – A. Carmichael
|A2||Do It Now
Arranged By [Horns] – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew*Arranged By [Rhythm] – Rhonghea*Written-By – Mbaji, Rhonghea*, Sigidi
|A3||There Is No Limit
Arranged By [Horns] – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew*Arranged By [Rhythm] – Rhonghea*Written-By – J. Simpson*, M. Davis*, Rhonghea*, Sigidi
Arranged By [Rhythm] – Bruno Speight, John Simpson*Written By – A. SimpsonWritten-By – B. Speight*, J. Simpson*, Sigidi
Arranged By [Horns] – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew*Arranged By [Rhythm] – The S.O.S. BandWritten By – R. WilliamsWritten-By – L. Price*, R. Burkholder*
|B2||Are You Ready?
Arranged By [Horns] – Sigidi, W. Sonny Killebrew*Arranged By [Rhythm] – John Simpson*Written-By – J. Simpson*, M. Davis*, Sigidi
|B3||Do You Know Where Your Children Are?
Arranged By [Rhythm] – Bruno Speight, John Simpson*Written-By – B. Speight*, J. Simpson*
|B4||For The Brothers That Ain't Here
Arranged By [Rhythm] – Bruno Speight, John Simpson*Written-By – B. Speight*, J. Simpson*, Sigidi
Arranged By [Rhythm] – The S.O.S. BandWritten-By – J. Seals*, L. Bogan*
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA
- Arranged By [Horns & Strings] – Fred Wesley
- Arranged By [Rhythm] – Sigidi
- Backing Vocals – Fredi Grace, Keith Rawls, Phyllis "Penny" Wanzo*, Rhonghea Southern, Rosalyn Sweeper*
- Bass – John Alexander Simpson
- Concertmaster – Ben Picone*, William Henderson
- Drums – James Earl Jones*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Greg Webster, Joe Q. Hall, Les Cooper , Les Horn, Louis Summers, Mark Ettle*, Mitch Gibson, Peter Damski, Richard Wells , Sabrina Buchanek, Scott Skidmore, Tony Chiappa
- Flute – W. Sonny Killebrew*
- Guitar – Bruno Speight, Rhonghea Southern
- Harp – Travis Biggs
- Keyboards – Jason Bryant, Travis Biggs
- Mastered By [Digitally] – Steve Marcussen*
- Mixed By – Steve Williams
- Percussion – Mary Davis, Darryl "Munyungo" Jackson*
- Producer – Sigidi
- Recorded By – Steve Williams
- Saxophone – Billy Ellis, W. Sonny Killebrew*
- Saxophone [Alto] – David Majal Ii*
- Trombone – Abdul Ra'oof, Fred Wesley
- Trumpet – Abdul Ra'oof
- Violin – Travis Biggs
- Vocals – Abdul Ra'oof, Billy Ellis, Bruno Speight, James Earl Jones*, Jason Bryant, John Alexander Simpson, Mary Davis, W. Sonny Killebrew*
NotesProduced for Crescent Star Productions, Inc.
Digitally Mixed at Larrabee Sound & Kendun Recorders
Digitally Mastered at Precision Lacquer
© 1981 CBS Inc.
℗ 1981 CBS Inc.
Manufactured and distributed by CBS Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7464-37449-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): AL 37449
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): BL 37449
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A Etched): P̶̷̲̅A̶̷̲̅L̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅3̶̷̲̅7̶̷̲̅4̶̷̲̅4̶̷̲̅9̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅G̶̷̲̅I̶̷̲̅A̲̅ GI AL 37449-GIA anna A4
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B Etched): GI PBL 37449 GIA anna A5
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A&B Stamped): o
|FZ 37449||The S.O.S. Band||The S.O.S. Band Too (LP, Album)||Tabu Records||FZ 37449||US||1981|
|CDSOL-5212||The S.O.S. Band||Too+3 (CD, Album, RE, RM, Exp)||Solid Records||CDSOL-5212||Japan||2013|
|FZ 37449||The S.O.S. Band||The S.O.S. Band Too (LP, Album)||Tabu Records||FZ 37449||Canada||1981|
|25AP 2141||The S.O.S. Band||The S.O.S. Band Too (LP, Album)||CBS/Sony||25AP 2141||Japan||1981|
|7243 5 41216 2 3||The S.O.S. Band||Too (CD, Album, RE, RM)||The Right Stuff||7243 5 41216 2 3||US||2003|